Monday, November 8, 2010

I love fall and Thanksgiving is a great holiday but always gets rushed over for Christmas. This November I made a wreath for us to use as a reminder to be more thankful. Every day my kids write what they are thankful for on a leaf cutout and we hang it on the wreath. My children have enjoyed it and it has been a lot of fun. Yesterday as we were doing it I was once again laughing at my children and their differences and the things they say. I asked the kids what they were thankful for - Kiley says hotdogs (she loves them and they are a big treat at our house as we do not have them often). Eli says covenants. I ask him what a covenant was and he says, "You know like God had with Abraham and other people in the bible." So I asked him what covenant meant and he says, "You know mom, a promise." My last question was if there was any particular covenant that he was most thankful for and he says, "Oh I do not know mom they all seem pretty good to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment