Thursday, August 12, 2010




Both the kids and I enjoy being outside and we have missed it some w/the heat. Last Saturday was a work day at the church we have been going to and Brian was helping out, the kids and I stopped by in the afternoon to see him and check on the progress. They were installing a playground and I was chatting with the preacher and he says, "Playgrounds are not really very practical in the summer but in the winter they are great!" I almost laughed but then realized he was completely serious - I am defiantly looking forward to this winter in TX.


Anyway, this morning both the kids were up early so we headed out to lake to ride bikes and hike around before it got to hot. We had a lot of fun. Brian recently got Kiley a new bike which she loves and Eli finally has the confidence to ride w/out his training wheels. We had been out to this lake several times and it is the one that we saw all the vultures at the first time. When my parents were here we went out too but no birds, however they were back today and I had my camera - so here is the proof that there really are a ton of them.(and yes I made a mental note to NEVER picnic off the tables here!) The kids also had fun chasing bubbles. We were home by 9:30 and the temp was 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment