Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So yesterday at nap my son comes running out of his room right after I had read his book and he was to be napping...He looked a bit panicked so I fought my usual response of, "You need to be in your room it is nap time." and asked him what was up. He proceeded to tell me that he had just had a scary thought and that he did not know if he was going to be in Heaven or Hell... We spent some time talking and he prayed and accepted Christ to be his personal savior! I was excited yet causes wanting to make sure he understood what he had done...

Fast forward to today at lunch. I was retrieving more food when Eli starts telling Kiley that he has something important that she needs to know and he starts repeating back the prayer that we had said yesterday and having Kiley repeat the words she complies until about half way through and then said no. Eli became very frustrated and kept telling her that if she would pray it that she could live in heaven with Jesus forever...It opened up the opportunity to talk about understanding not just words and once I reassured him that God knew that babies and little kids did not completely understand he was ok with it (not quiet sure how to explain the age of accountability to a 4 year old...)

Anyway - I just thought that I would share and ask you to pray for Eli's understanding. He is a great kid and understands a lot more than he is given credit for.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me want to cry!! What a kind God we serve! We will be praying for Eli and his understanding as well as for you and Brian as you parent his little soul!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete