Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wow - I think that I am glad that I do not live closer to the coast when hurricanes are coming in(I am sure everyone does - but anyway)... We have been having rain for the last couple of days b/c of the storm but last night is when it actually came through. Brian said the news said we had around 12 inches of rain last night. It was crazy. Roads where closed everywhere b/c of the flooding and schools where delayed or closed. We got a leak in the kitchen ceiling - it was dripping at a seam and I had to dump the gallon bucket twice in the night b/c it was full and overflowing. Alex came through earlier this season but it was nothing compared to Hermine. I heard that it had something to do with the side of the hurricane that you are on, a couple of small tornado's developed too but I do not think they did damage. It is still raining of course but the sun did actually peek through a little so it does not seem like evening all day. It was not really that bad, but I think more than anything I was just surprised at how powerful the storm can still be so far inland.


Good news is all the water washed up some worms - one of my daughter favorites and she now has a bucket with her pet worms in the garage - she just came in asking if she could take some toys out for them to play with. I convinced her that a rock from the yard would be perfect so she got them a rock and just came back in saying that they were playing now so she would leave them alone...


Kiley enjoyed playing in the rain yesterday morning before the wind picked up to much. This is squirmy wormy one of her 'pet worms' as she calls them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment