Thursday, October 22, 2009

Well we are in our temporary house that we affectionately refer to as 'the green house' and the move in went amazingly well thanks to my parents, my brother and his in laws - they were the best helping at the last minute and getting everything in for us - Thank You So Much!

The last few weeks have been busy but things are finally slowing down a little. Our last few days in NE were full of sad goodbyes, runs to places that I will not have immediate access to, and packing. The kids are adjusting great and the house is really pretty much in order we just have to go through the garage and the extra stuff that we are storing at my parents.

I am enjoying the simple things in life...
We took a walk with the stroller and were able to go uptown and get a gift, make a trip to the library, play at the park, and stop to see cousins and I did not feel like I had run a marathon afterward.
We spent a good 1/2 hour at the library and besides about 5 min we had the children's part completely to ourselves which my children loved.
I went to the grocery store (the only one in town:) and in the pouring rain had someone take my groceries to my car and unload them so that I did not have to take the cart back inside?!

I do feel truly blessed and know that God's plans are not always our plans but they are always best!

5 comments:

  1. Miranda-- welcome back home! The green house- I know which one that is for sure! Sounds like you are enjoying the simple things in small town life just like we do- isn't it great!!!
    Maybe we could have you and the kids over for a playdate sometime here soon!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mirs... A walk to mainstreet, the library and cousins all in one day... maybe I'm not as city girl as I think. Sounds wonderful! Great to chat yesterday! much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you guys moving somewhere for a different job? Where are you headed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara - would love a playdate

    Linda - we are currently looking into several options and do not know when or where any of those will lead us at this point only know that God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had totally forgotten about the grocery cart luxury. I will add that to the list of pro's to living in a small town. I am working on my husband to consider moving back to a small town ;)

    ReplyDelete