Wednesday, April 15, 2009


I have always enjoyed Eater. It is always a humbling reminder of Christ's love for us and good time to reflect on the past and look into the future. For Eli this Easter he is beginning to understand more of what it is all about in his freshly four year old mind. It is fun to see him process it all, but also a bit challenging to help him understand something so powerful and life changing.
As we have been talking about the crucifixion and resurrection the whole concept of life and death have been mulling in his little brain. The other day Brian and I were talking about a trip that we had taken when we were first married in TN. Eli was listening intently to the whole thing and says, "Huh, I don't really remember that." Brian explains to him that he was not alive yet and we go on with the day. Later we were talking about something else and Eli says, "I don't remember that either, was that when I was dead too?" I kind of smiled and asked him what he meant. He says, "Well if you are not alive then you are dead so I must have been dead then." Opposites are great :)

Anyway... we spent the Eater weekend with my family and the kids as always had fun on the farm. Kiley has now been introduced to the mud and puddles and loved it (you have got to love the outfit!). We got to see new baby kittens and spend some time with cousins!




2 comments: